UPDATED JULY 30, 2021
The organizers of Secret Stages are tremendously excited to bring the 10th annual Secret Stages Music Discovery Festival to Birmingham, Alabama’s Avondale Entertainment District on August 6-7. We feel we have designed an event that will be a fantastic combination of music, food, drink, and art.
Due to the threats posed by Covid, Secret Stages decided to make 2021 a primarily outdoor event. We partnered with the city’s Eat In The Streets initiative to close the streets in Avondale and we have experienced an unprecedented amount of cooperation from all the businesses in the area, especially the bars and restaurants. Secret Stages feels this new outdoor footprint, born out of necessity, will be a vibrant and fun experience for everyone.
Unfortunately, we are all dealing with the renewed specter of rising Covid cases in our state. Secret Stages is once again hoping to find the silver linings in an ever changing and concerning situation. We see an opportunity to show our state, our region, and our country what Birmingham-style Southern hospitality looks like.
In cooperation with our venues and our stage crews we are implementing numerous measures to not only ensure our artists, volunteers, and patrons safety but to make them FEEL safe as well. We are also updating our procedures and rules when it comes to Covid safety. Below you find of list of measures and expectations for Secret Stages 2021. Secret Stages is using the best information we have available and adhering to the guideline set forth by the CDC.
Secret Stages highly recommends that people get vaccinated, that unvaccinated people wear masks and socially distance, and that anyone uncomfortable with the following guidelines not attend this year’s event.
- Masks will be required in our indoor venue, Saturn
- Secret Stages volunteers and staff interacting with the public will be masked
- Everyone is highly encouraged to wear masks even when outside except when sitting and eating/drinking or surrounded by people from same household
- Secret Stages will have masks on site but ask people to please bring their own
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the festival
- Secret Stages volunteers and staff will be equipped with appropriate sanitizer to wipe down often touched surfaces
- Crowding in food/drink lines, near stages, or anywhere else will be discouraged
These measures are implemented with the simple goals of keeping people safe and keeping businesses open. This is an opportunity to showcase the community and neighborliness for which Birmingham is famous. Regardless of your personal feelings we ask all of our attendees to willingly adhere to the these measures.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing some great bands with you!